Sunday, March 25, 2012

What the ?!?!?!?!

Cancer. C.A.N.C.E.R. Can you say "Not me?!?!" Yup. That is just what I was thinking when I heard my Gyn tell me that the pathology reports on the recent biopsy taken from a lump I've been living with since late last summer indicated that there was cancer present. Nope. I wasn't really in denial all this time. I actually went to a certain radiology office for a mammogram and ultrasound and managed to fool them (?) into thinking it was nothing. OK, I didn't really fool them, but they certainly didn't do their job by catching this 6 months ago.

Instead, I returned on March 6 for my 6 month check and ultrasound. Ironically, I found out later, that they didn't necessarily have me coming back because of the lump I found, but a different one that they discovered. Once again, I had the ultrasound. This time, the tech asked me about the area of concern and I showed her. The radiologist came in to feel it and said I would be getting an ultrasound-assisted core biopsy. She said that even it it wasn't cancer, I would be meeting with a surgeon in order to get it removed since it was constantly causing me some sort of pain. At the very least, it was definitely a target where my kids would always hit me, unknowingly, of course.


The biopsy was on March 12th and I was told I would get results in about two days. My dr. called me before 9a on the 14th to give me the news. She was very reassuring that this was not going to kill me. I would be raising my children and we would get this taken care of. All the while, I was thinking, "What did she just say?!?!"

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I am carrie from the Inspired to Action blog comment. I can't find a way to email you. No "Contact Me" on your profile. :-) One of my blog's is here: http://emiandjack.blogspot.com/ and you can contact me through my profile. It's a personal reminder blog for some dietary changes we have made. I'd love to chat about cancer and fabulous futures!

    ReplyDelete