Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tick Tock

The countdown continues. Surgery in less than 48 hours. I am relieved to get this process underway, but I am also thinking that I need more time to prepare.
Emotionally.
Physically.
Financially.
But who can really prepare for cancer? Sure, you can buy life insurance, disability insurance, even cancer insurance. But does that make you "prepared?".
Are you prepared to turn your world upside-down? Would you re-evaluate your decisions and choices? Are you ready to leave your job in order to focus on your health and your family? Would you sell stuff to pay for more important things?
These are the things I am doing...or thinking about doing...or wishing I had already done.
But I am glad that I know God is my Father and that Jesus is my savior. Do you? Have you thought about it? Because now is the time. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. And we can never be truly "prepared." But we can find peace in the fact the our God will be there with us.
That's all I have for now friends. I will be sure to get someone to post an update on Thursday.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment